Title: Podcast Travel Guide
Main objective: students become travel journalists and create a series of podcasts to talk
about the places they visit (descriptions, interviews etc).
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Class type: young students and adults
Aim: create a travel guide in the form of podcast.
Activity focus: speaking/listening
Time: max 10 minutes
Material: portable MP3 recorder with a microphone
- Teacher tells students they will record their travel experiences using a MP3 recorder and a microphone to do that. Then, they will edit the recordings using Audacity, export as MP3 and publish using Podbean. They will share their recordings in their blogs using Blogger.
- Student download the Audacity software, signs up to Podbean and create a blog using Blogger.
- Teacher shows students how to use Audacity to edit a recording, how to export MP3 files, how to create a Podbean profile to host the recording and how to create a blog using Blogger.
- Teacher shows students how to embed audio files in Blogger.
- Teacher shows students how to leave a comment in Blogger.
- At the end of the project each student should have recorded his/her travel podcast.
- Teacher and students will create a a travel guide in the form of podcast, putting all recordings together and publishing them.
- The podcast that receives more comments during the project period wins the MP3 recorder used to record podcasts.
- Have fun!!!